What is home awareness?
Good question. And there might not be one definitive answer since home awareness can hold different meanings to different people.
For one individual, home awareness means keeping tabs on their pets. For another, it’s making sure their kids are safe while home alone. Someone else might just be concerned about the safety of their vacation home during hurricane season. Ultimately, home awareness comes down to one thing: knowing exactly what’s going on at your home whether or not you’re there.
Recently, there’s been a number of questions about how the FrontPoint system can help users remain aware of what’s going on at home.
How can a home alarm system help increase home awareness?
At its basic level, the FrontPoint home alarm system is always protecting your home. When an event takes place, you’ll be immediately notified so you can act swiftly.
But there are also a number of additional features that can be utilized to further enhance your home awareness.
What home awareness features does FrontPoint offer?
FrontPoint has many features that allow you to know exactly what’s going on at your home, no matter your location.
- Mobile App and Interactive Features – Receive alerts, arm and disarm your system, and more, using the mobile app you can download to your phone.
- Security Cameras – Use a Wireless Indoor Camera or Pan and Tilt Camera to monitor indoor activity at your home, or a Wireless Outdoor Camera to see what’s going on outside.
- Home Automation – Make life a little more convenient with a Wireless Light Control, or by pairing an automated thermostat or door lock to your FrontPoint system.
- Geo-Services– Have your system automatically remind you if you forgot to arm your system, or have the lights and thermostat automatically adjust when you arrive home.
- Environmental Sensors – Protect your home against fires, flooding, freezing and carbon monoxide.
Do I really need to care about home awareness?
It certainly doesn’t hurt to be more aware of what’s going on at your home, especially if you spend long periods outside of it. And when it costs nothing extra to use most of these features, there’s really no reason not to.
If you have any other questions about home awareness, feel free to ask them below!