Power outages are bound to happen, especially around this time of year. But don’t worry, your Frontpoint system will keep on trucking even when everything goes dark. The Control Panel comes equipped with a 24-hour backup battery that will keep your system functioning in the event of a power outage.
However, did you know that there is more that your system can do for you when the power goes out, even when you’re not home?
Through our interactive features, your system will send a notification to your mobile device if your Control Panel has been running on its backup power for 15 minutes. If the outage continues for another 10 minutes, you’ll receive a follow-up message with information about any neighboring security systems that are also without power, so you can determine whether the problem is widespread or isolated to your home. And once power is restored, you’ll be also be notified.
Here’s how to set up your own outage notification:
1) Log into your MyFrontpoint.com account and set up a new Notification
2) Go to the Notifications tab
– Click new Notification
3) On the Property Awareness sub-tab, select “Your property lost power”
– Check Power Failure and Power Restored
– Choose who to notify when there’s a power failure
– You can sign up for email, text or push notifications
4) Click Save Notification