- Cellular Monitoring. It’s a known fact that cellular monitoring is safer, and only one alarm company in the US has built digital cellular monitoring into every system they’ve ever sold – FrontPoint. Not only that, FrontPoint also charges less: on average, at least $10 per month less for comparable services. If you look on ADT’s web site, you don’t see much about cellular monitoring, which is understandable. How do you explain to millions of subscribers depending on a traditional phone line connection that their systems areoutdated and susceptible to a $5 pair of wire cutters?
- Interactive Features. Alarm systems are a lot smarter today. You can get remote arm/disarm, text and email notifications, video services, free apps, and even control you’re your lights, locks, and thermostats from an web connection. These interactive services are FrontPoint’s specialty, and they don’t have to cost a lot. While ADT is trying to catch up with a new product called “Pulse,” they are still behind – and they left out a key element of safety and reliability in their new offering (more on Crash and Smash later).
- Easy Setup. FrontPoint has added the word “simpler” to home security with wireless sensors and wireless monitoring. Imagine a system that has no wires, no phone line, and requires no tools. Now there’s no inconvenient scheduling,no stranger in your home, and no inconvenient repeat visits. What’s more, with FrontPoint you can add sensors at any time, on your schedule – or even move the entire system with you. This is an option ADT just does not offer.
- Affordable Peace of Mind. Price is another area where FrontPoint shines. Their initial equipment cost is the best of any nationwide alarm provider, ADT included. Of course, it’s always better when you compare apples to apples (like making sure the initial equipment purchase includes the cellular radio) – and then see what happens as you add additional sensors to the basic system. With FrontPoint, the more protection you add, the more you save. And when it comes to monthly services, nobody beats FrontPoint: even ADT. FrontPoint charges less and provides more of the interactive services that people want, providing one more example that bigger does not mean better – or less expensive.
- Crash & Smash Protection. Only one nationwide DIY home security company in the US provides Crash & Smash peace of mind – and it’s not ADT. The technology, developed by FrontPoint’s technology partner, is incredibly smart and it’s patented. When a burglar invades your home and disable or rips the control unit off the wall, most systems are waiting for the “entry delay” to end before they communicate an alarm to the monitoring center. With FrontPoint, we know when the door first opened: if the system is not disarmed, or doesn’t send the alarm, we’ll make sure the police are on the way. This is a great example of how interactive monitoring has changed the game to increase your protection. Unfortunately it’s not part of any ADT offering.
- Reviews and Reputation. This is one area where the contrast could hardly be bigger. Yes, ADT is a big company, so it’s only fair to expect that they’ll have more complaints than FrontPoint. The real point, though, is what kind of service do they provide? Read the complaints for both companies, and see what people say about the quality of response, the helpfulness of the employees, and if the systems even work. Any by the way – it’s tough to find a review on FrontPoint that’s not five stars.
- ADT Dealer Program. One of the most confusing things about ADT is their Authorized Dealer program. It’s hard to tell who’s who, and believe it or not, about half of the ADT home alarms in the US are sold and installed by some other company, operating under the ADT brand. Yup, that’s right – it was not even ADT who installed your system. That “authorized ADT dealer” turned around and sold your alarm contract to ADT for cash, then moved on to the next home. Some of these dealers are good, but some have gotten in trouble. You’ll never have to worry about a FrontPoint system – you’re always dealing directly with us.
FrontPoint has been successfully competing with ADT for years. The harder people shop for home alarms, and the more research they do, the more likely they are to choose FrontPoint over the 800 lb. gorilla. After all, true peace of mind is earned by a lot more than just a brand name. FrontPoint has signed on lots of former ADT customers who were ready for world-class service and the next generation of wireless home security. When shopping for home security, it pays to look for safer, smarter, simpler, more affordable, and virtually impossible to defeat. When you compare, it’s clearly FrontPoint that comes out ahead – the #1 ranked alarm company in the US.