October is National Crime Prevention Month – and once again the National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) is on the case with a great list of timely tips on how to “Take a bite out of crime” –McGruff the dog’s famous tag line. With burglaries on the increase in so many areas, the need for safe and reliable home security is greater than ever.
October has become the official month for recognizing and celebrating the practice of crime prevention, while promoting awareness of important issues such as victimization, volunteerism, and creating safer, more caring communities. The month-long celebration spotlights successful crime prevention efforts on the local, state, and national levels.
Consider an Alarm System for Your Home
NCPC’s web site also includes the following important advice on having an alarm system: as you can imagine, we agree 100%!
- Alarms can be a good investment, especially if you have many valuables in your home, or live in an isolated area or one with a history of break-ins.
- Check with several companies before you buy so you can decide what level of security fits your needs. Do business with an established company and check references before signing a contract.
- Learn how to use your system properly! Don’t “cry wolf” by setting off false alarms. People [and the police] will stop paying attention, and you’ll probably be fined.
- Bullying Prevention
- Celebrate Safe Communities
- Cyberbullying: Don’t Write It. Don’t Forward It.
- ID Theft: Keep Your Identity to Yourself
- Internet Safety: Be Your Kids’ Safety Net on the Internet
- Intellectual Property Theft
Preventing Senior Fraud
- Rapid Response for Law Enforcement
Of course, FrontPoint also believes that the best way to protect your home is with cellular monitoring. Peace of mind may start with knowing that an intruder cutting your phone line won’t affect your alarm system – or your protection.
FrontPoint strongly encourages you to support the NCPC, and put its great advice into practice. We can all make our homes safer, and by working together can improve the safety and security of our neighborhoods. It’s a group effort, and FrontPoint is proud to be a member of the team by offering systems that are safer, smarter, simpler, more affordable, and virtually impossible to defeat. That’s why we’re the recognized leader in interactive wireless home security, and the #1 ranked alarm company in the US.